Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Exploring Greek Myths through drawing

In my third grade class with Ms. Merrill we have been reading Greek mythology. I loved these stories so much I wanted to draw them. I asked my mom to take me to the library so we could check out more books on myths and Jason was very strong and clever.






















This first drawing is of Jason leaping into action with the Argonauts rowing their mighty ship.























Phineas the blind man was tormented by Harpies who kept stealing his food. These strange creatures are part human and part bird.


















The Argonauts used nets to capture the Harpies and in return Phineas told them how to find the golden fleece.

















In this scene Jason and the Argonauts are traveling through a dangerous area with rocky cliffs to get to the golden fleece. That's Hera wife of Zeus carved out of wood on their ship to watch over them.

In Mrs. Lau's class we worked in groups to tell stories about Greek myths by drawing them on 3 by 5 cards. Then we had to fill out little pieces of paper about our classmate's storytelling. Here is what Evan wrote about my drawing of Zeus.





















Thank you Evan for your question about how do you learn to draw.
Now I want to tell you the answer.
PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE and remember to have fun!

No comments: