Sunday, July 10, 2016

Shakespeare First Folio Show


A drawing I did of Shakespeare when I was 9 years old.



Expressions by Shakespeare we still use today



You could write what you liked about Shakespeare and leave it behind

I wrote out what makes Shakespeare stand out for me.

First Folio-The Tempest
Actual First Folio of Shakespeare


































I am a real fan of William Shakespeare and first heard about him from my teacher Ms. Merrill in 3rd grade. I got to be the narrator of our class play Midsummer Night's Dream and dressed like him for Halloween two years later. To graduate from 8th grade I had to give a presentation and began my talk with a quote from my hero.  I went to the First Folio Show at the San Diego Public Library and got to see his actual book of plays and amazing costumes by the Old Globe. This Summer I am reading Ian Doescher's book series because I love Shakespeare and Star Wars. They are fantastic as Star Wars is retold in the style of the Bard of Avon. I am already reading the second book The Empire Striketh Back-there are great illustrations too by Nicolas Delort. I believe the things Shakespeare talked about in his plays matters and teaches us about our lives today.



Best phrases in the Star Wars saga (with Shakespearean Quotations I invented to mere the text.):

Episode I: "There's always a bigger fish."-[Qui-Gon Jinn]
(Fear not, thou friend! A bigger fish is hither and thither!"














Episode II: "Machines making machines. How perverse."
Later; "It's a nightmare!"-[C-3PO]
(What perverse sight awaits my eyes! Machines making machines. Why, 'tis a nightmare!"













Episode III: "Do not underestimate my power!"-[Anakin Skywalker]
(No man shall underestimate my powers so essential!)














Episode VI: "That's no moon, it's a space station."-[Obi-Wan Kenobi]
('Tis not a moon my noble friend. A space station awaits thou eyes.)















Episode V: "I am your father!"-[Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker)]
(Your father stands before you now!)













Episode VI: "IT'S A TRAP!"-[Admiral Ackbar]
(The demons have released a trap upon us!)













Episode VII: "Your a monster!"-[Rey]
(Thee enemy is a wicked monster sent by the devil!)















No comments: